Noah's Birth Story

Friday, February 22, 2013

Sunday february 17th,

The night of the 17th, I was 39 weeks and I kept getting "cramps" or just harder contractions, and I remember waking up in the middle of the night being a little bit annoyed because let's be real ya'll know how much I wanted to meet our little guy already.

I kept feeling weird leakage and every time I felt it I would wake up and think is that my water breaking? I had no idea, I always imagined it being this gush of water and being drenched in water but that wasn't the case.

We woke up around 8 am, Ben was making breakfast and I was just laying down hoping that my water would break...haha. We were getting ready for church when all of a sudden I leaked again but this time it was more than "normal".

Around 10 am Ben suggested to ask one of our friend's Wendy, who's a doctor and she said to go to the hospital...better safe than sorry.

I went and took a shower got ready for the hospital, I had already made my diaper bag so we grabbed it and then we paused for a sec.
We kneeled down to say a prayer, we looked at each other and knew that next time we would be back at our apartment we would have OUR son with us.

At 1045 Am here I was, sure enough my water did break (good thing we went, because there are risks for infections). I was dilated to a 3 and effaced 70 %. The nurse decided to put me on pitocin so the contractions would kick in for real. Literally, 10 minutes later I went from feeling no pain to LOTS of pain...and it just got worse. My contractions were about 2 minutes apart and all I could think of was how much longer do I need to do this for.
I was afraid of getting the epidural too early because I didn't want it to ware off ( I don't know what I was thinking). My pain was a definite 10 and I decided to get one once I was dilated to a 5.

Once that hit, I felt like I was in Heaven. I am so happy that I got to eat breakfast before we left, because once we got there all they gave me was ice. If you know me well, you know that I don't do very well without food. Between 7 and 8PM I went from being dilated 7cm to 9.5 so the nurse decided to call the doctor. I was feeling so much pressure it was unreal and I just wanted to be done. When he came, he was a little bit grumpy because he thought I would be pushing for a couple hours. (First time mothers usually takes awhile).





At 8:15 It was finally time to push, the time we had been waiting for for 39 weeks. 
"You can do this babe" that's what kept me going. 
It was so surreal and everything happened so fast, the doctor told me to push, the nurse and Ben were all counting til 10 (longest 10 seconds ever). I am so grateful for Ben being by my side the entire time, I don't think I could've done it without him. He held my hand tightly and encouraged me the entire time. 



























Noah Benjamin Dedrickson, our son was here, it was the most amazing feeling ever. 15 minutes of pushing and there he was. He knew who I was, he recognized our voices. That moment when they put him on my chest, it was love at first sight. His heart was beating with mine, I kept looking at him filled with emotions and thinking he was mine. He was so little and it all was so real, there he was our little angel. 7 lbs 19 inches, I put my finger into his little fist and he squeezed it. I cried and couldn't believe what a miracle just happened. He was healthy and doing so well. 



Born at 8:26
Our buddle of Joy. 



I LOVE you so much Noah, and I hope to be the best Mom I can be for you.
  
      Everything I ever dreamed of. 

I couldn't even describe how much love I have for these two boys.

There we were our family of three, tired as can be. It is amazing how  such a little person can take so much room in your heart. Our lives have changed, changed for the better. Our son was finally here, healthy and we couldn't be more grateful for such a blessing. 

8 comments:

  1. 15min. of pushing? What. A.Stud!!! Good job girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha, idk why I'm just seeing this but thanks girl!!!

      Delete
  2. Fatty!!! I'm so happy for you guys!!! Great story!! Couldn't have been more perfect for you guys!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww I just cried while I'm reading this in the student athlete building.. haha :) This is adorable! Glad I found your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wait, why Im just seeing this idk hhaa,...but I'm glad you liked it!! Congrats on the little one for you guys :) Hope you're doing well!!!

      Delete
  4. This almost made me cry, how touching!!! Ahhh I remember that pain from the pressure SO WELL. That was the hardest part for me! Aren't epidurals amazing?? I am so glad that you have a blog :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh, it was absolutely AMAZING!!! Haha..I kinda wanna try natural the next baby but heck we both know that prob won't happen hahaa

      Delete