Pregnancy #2

Friday, April 24, 2015








This picture is embarrassing, but oh well! Huge difference between Noah and Olivia, same week!

First off, I must say this pregnancy was so much nicer than my first. Not to mention how FAST it went until that last month hit. I've been lucky with my pregnancies so far, no morning sickness nor complications.  Huge blessing! I really admire women who still continue to have kids through a sometimes very difficult labor. Being able to carry a child for 9 months is such an amazing, beautiful and miraculous experience. I love being pregnant, I love seeing other pregnant women, and I love that "glow" that people talk about. Amongst the love, there are of course some hard parts. I try to focus on the positive rather than the negative. Having a supportive husband is such a blessing. Ben, without fail, would put baby O and my needs first, rub my achy back, and feed me whatever I wanted... I mean whatever Olivia wanted haha. 

When I was pregnant with Noah, I didn't know what to expect. I stayed somewhat active, I gained 26 lbs and my recovery wasn't too bad. I definitely had to take a couple of weeks before I even went out walking. 
This time around, I was way more active! I knew what to expect, so I was a lot more calm. Because of the way Olivia was positioned, my belly felt so much bigger than with Noah. I gained 22 lbs and generally felt great throughout the entire pregnancy. Fitness has been a HUGE part of my life, and will always be. I cannot say this enough but girls staying healthy and active while pregnant is so important and you will be so glad afterwards.
Make fitness a part of your life, you will feel so much better! Whether you are pregnant or not, being healthy is important.
Today, I'm 10 days post partum. I was blessed with a great delivery (story will come later), and my recovery has been amazing. I have been shocked at how good I actually feel. I even went coaching yesterday! Thank you all for your sweet compliments, and encouraging words, it means a lot to me.

I can't believe I have two kids, time to go snuggle! Have a great weekend.
xoxo




2 comments: