Track Mom!

Sunday, January 10, 2016




This time of year is pretty hard for me. Not because it is cold and gloomy outside, but because January means indoor track season!! In the past, during this time, I'd be getting ready for my first race of the year. The first track meet that we can't wait for since bootcamp started. This is what every track athlete looks forward to the most; to compete. I loved competing. I loved the feeling of being so nervous that I almost wanted to throw up. I loved getting pep-talks from coaches, Ben, family and friends. I loved when my dad would call me on the phone and say "pretend that I'm there and that I'm screaming GO GO GO". I loved that feeling of relief after the first race, and then feeling so excited for the rest of the season. I loved the feeling after my best race ever! I loved team unity, and cheering/screaming for my teammates so much I almost lost my voice. I loved going to new places, eating a HUGE meal after our meets and always ending up with some ice cream. 
I am a competitive person, and you can never take that out of me. Don't get me wrong, I love being a Mother more than anything. But I miss that feisty, competitive, and slightly crazy girl inside me (that crazy girl is actually always there, who am I kidding). That girl only comes out when Ben and I are having our "who can do this best" moments haha! I just need to figure out more ways for that girl to come out! I don't know what Heavenly Father has planned for me 5 years from now, but what I do know is my love for track will never end. Maybe I will be that one girl that brings her army of kids to the track meet, and hear them say proudly, "that's my mom" as I run through that finish line.
Maybe, maybe not. But for now, I will live through my friends who are starting their indoor season. I will think about the good times I had while I was running. I will show my kids my videos, and tell them all about my meets and my memories.
Track and field, I miss you. 

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment