Friends, I want to thank all of you who have congratulated us on our little addition! I wish I could go through and thank every one of you who have sent me messages, commented and contacted us. It feels good to finally be able to openly talk about it and I'm excited to share my thoughts and document this pregnancy.
We really feel so blessed for another opportunity, and are really excited but also super nervous. Our lives have been a little crazy lately; Finding out we are moving, having a baby, Ben getting a new position at work! Lots of changes, but let me just say that I am so happy baby will be here before we move to Arizona.
There's something absolutely magical about pregnancy, the gift of being able to carry, and nurture life within you. It is absolutely amazing, and a big reason to why I speak so highly of pregnancy. I feel lucky and fortunate that I didn't have any morning sickness or nausea.
That being said, I forgot how TIRED you get the first trimester. I am now feeling how my energy is finally coming back. Everyday, I felt like a zombie and the demands of raising a toddler got a little challenging. I am not going to lie, somedays I just wanted to lay in bed all day. My face has also been a victim, haha... I sound so dramatic, but I have never had so much acne in my life until now. Anyone else have that happen to them? Ok, enough with the complaining! I have had a handful of women ask me what I did/do to stay active during pregnancy and how not to gain unnecessary weight.
Now, I am NOT an expert by any means, this just really worked for me. But don't forget you are growing a child :)
1. Babycenter.com or TheBump.com, these sites seriously saved me. Anytime I woke up in the middle of the night wondering why something was happening (happened quite a bit), they have awesome articles and discussions. This is great during pregnancy but also while raising your children.
2. Comfortable bras!!! I know we all have different bodies, but being pregnant makes your boobs grow. If you're like me and don't want to spend tons of money on maternity clothes, this is worth spending your money one. You can thank me later!! But seriously, a comfortable bra is a must and once your milk comes in you're going to want a comfortable nursing bra. I got mine at target and they saved me.
3. The wait. Keep yourself busy, or else you will go crazy, I promise. 40w is a long time, and somedays will feel like nothing is happening. Talk to your spouse, go have girls night, date night, do things that you know you won't be able to do for awhile. In reality it goes by so quick, and before you know it, your angel will be in your arms.
4. Eat often but smaller portions. Unless you're sick, than I don't know what to tell you. Drink lots of water :)
5. Exercise!!!!!! Don't limit yourself because you're pregnant. You can still work out without harming your baby. I worked out until I was about 36w with Noah and then I just walked a lot. Obviously, you will not be able to workout as intense the further you get into your pregnancy, but stay active. Your body will thank you during labor and after.
ENJOY IT LADIES <3