The African stir fry!

Friday, October 10, 2014


Ever since I was little, my mother always taught us children the importance of how to cook. She did this because, one day, mom wouldn't be there and we would have to do it on our own. I am so glad that I stood by her many times and watched her throw things together. Everything she makes turns out SO GOOD! Now, my sisters always said I was so lazy and never wanted to learn. In all honesty, I just never wanted to cook cause my mother was so much better. But I do remember a lot of her secrets, and secret ways of cooking. She is the reason I hate recipes. She would just look what ingredients she had and just make it up right on the spot. Great talent right? I pretend that I inherited that talent, and follow her footsteps. I love cooking, I love experimenting in the kitchen. I get so upset when I make something and it doesn't turn out like I want. Those are the times when I think, "Man, I should've used a recipe", haha. Cooking is fun, and yes it can take a lot of time, but the end result is so worth it. You guys know how much I love food! I honestly think I would be obese if I didn't love exercising. 

One thing about Africans, and our food, we involve rice 90% of the time. Luckily for me, my household loves it (they don't really have a choice) haha. I forgot to take pictures as I was going and only snapped a picture before we devoured our food. 

I'm going to try to explain what I did, but like I said before, I rarely use recipes and usually throw things together. This is a throw things together kind of meal :) BUT SO GOOD!!!!



Ingredients

Mushrooms
Zucchini
Green beans
Red pepper 
Olive oil
Salt & Pepper (to taste)
Season Salt
Garlic Powder

Meat
Marinade before cooking and mix it together
I used Garlic powder, salt and pepper and season salt!
You can really use whatever you like :)

Instructions

Cook meat on high with a little bit of olive oil in a large skillet, stirring until a little bit browned. Add in 1/2 cup of water (more if you have lots of meat), cover pot with a lid and set heat on medium low. This will make the meat moist, once the water is gone, add all your veggies of choice to the pot. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Stir together, if you have any frozen veggies, sauté it separately then add to the pot. 
Serve warm with rice, or any other desired side. 
Voila :)


No comments:

Post a Comment