Dear mothers, your belly is beautiful.

Tuesday, October 10, 2017

"Family is the center of life, it is the key to eternal happiness"
- L. Tom Perry




As far as I can remember, I have always wanted to become a Mother. Never once did I think about the fact about my body changing. Growing up, I watched a whole bunch of women including my mother and sisters give birth. Never once did I look at them and think about their postpartum bodies. Maybe I was too little to understand, maybe I didn't get it because I wasn't a mother, maybe I didn't notice or maybe I was too busy snuggling babies. Either way, it was never about their bodies. 

Fast forward to when I had Noah. One of the first comments I got, mind you I just birthed a baby, was "wow fatty, let me see your belly". At the time I didn't think much about it, but looking back that bothered me so much. All of a sudden I started stressing, I needed to be back to my fit self instantly! All of a sudden my thoughts shifted and for a time I wasn't myself. My thoughts were consumed with "how can I get my pre-baby belly back??". I remember poking my belly and I am pretty sure my finger touched my back. After a good meltdown, or several... I thought, "Forget about that comment Fatty, you just had a baby...that is freaking amazing."

We live in a world were we are being told to be perfect. To look flawless during and after delivery, to have a videographer and capture every moment of that day, to have Pinterest worthy photos. Because if we don't, we "missed" the point or we aren't keeping up with the Jones'. 
Why why why?

Instead of women being hopeful of one day being able to carry a child, some are too scared to give up their bodies. Scared because they have heard horror stories. 
"You will never be able to hold your pee again. You will never have abs again. Your boobs will hit the floor, etc."
Let me tell you something, forget about all the horror stories you've heard! There's nothing more incredible than holding your baby in your arms. The moment you have longed for, for 9 months, enjoy it to the fullest. There's nothing more special than watching your spouse become a parent. Let that be your focus, not what your body looks like the day after.
Your body may not look the exact same, it will be even better! You carried one/multiple children, that is freaking amazing. You discovered strengths you had no idea even existed. You can now carry a carseat, grocery bags and talk on the phone at the same time. Skills! You can change a diaper in record time with no skid marks down your finger. You can sleep with one eye open, literally. You can prepare a bottle in the dark. You can read a bedtime story by heart. You get countless of kisses and hugs every day. Each day you keep your kids fed, happy and safe.
I can go on and on... because you my dear, YOU ARE AMAZING! 

                                                                  Matching outfits from Flexi Lexi

Your belly is beautiful because it created life. That is hard work.
If you are worrying about getting "back" or you're currently in that phase, my advice to you is- enjoy the journey, and know that your fit self will be back. Be patient with yourself, a lot happens with our bodies during pregnancy, so let your's take the time it needs to adjust back. 
Learn to love yourself in every stage, and you will learn to appreciate what you've done so much more.

xo


37 comments:

  1. thank YOU so much for putting this out there- ive been feeling awful about mine after 2 kids but really should just embrace it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're amazing. Thank you for this post!! I've always been so self conscious of my post-baby stomach and it's been 4 years! You look amazing, btw.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mama you are rocking it, thank you for that comment <3

      Delete
  3. How timely... see, just this morning I was poking at my own belly and feeling dissatisfied with its size. And then I read this, and I was able to chill for a minute. Of course, there are still a multitude of excuses for the state of my middle floating through my mind, unkind self-talk that doesn't even acknowledge the accomplishment of creating life on one occasion, let alone six! Thanks for the reminder, that this belly, that my body, has done amazing things. Our bodies and bellies are amazing and beautiful. You're the best. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Crissy, I just adore you!!! I love your comments every time, thank you for sharing! You are amazing, and yes not one child but 6 of them!!!! Gah you're going straight to heaven <3

      Delete
  4. This is such an amazing post. Thank you for sharing your personal journey. I always love posts like this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amen! This post is so true and so needed!! It can be so hard as women to just sit back and enjoy that precious newborn, but that is really all we need to be focusing on! I struggled with that after both children. I would look in the mirror and all I would see is the extra fat. My husband always talked my back down to reality. We need to embrace every extra stretch mark and jiggle that we get from carrying our babes! They are a gift!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for sharing! I have never understood why people would feel the need to comment anything but positive and amazing things about mothers bodys. Creating and bringing life into this world, is nothing short of phenomenal. You are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this post and it resonates with me so deeply. Sometimes my own insecurities come up and I have to make that conscious reminder of why that tummy curve and that squishiness is there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes and that is completely normal!! Just remember to give yourself time and some slack :)

      Delete
  8. I love this! I definitely need that encouragement after 3 kiddos!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look fantastic! This is such an uplifting post and your family is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this post!! Thank you for sharing and giving us that confidence boost we all need!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Omg I love this. It's true though, even though I feel like my body will never be the same... I'd give up anything for my babies. And women are amazing, our bodies are amazing!!!

    Emma-Cristy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you so much for writing this! Although I complain about my post-baby tummy a lot, it was so, SO worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I swear you wrote this just for me! Thank you for empowering mothers!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Girl, YES YES YESSS to all of this! I just had my third and I am not bouncing back like I did with my first two and I've been so down and hard on myself! Thank you for such wonderful words!

    ReplyDelete
  15. YAAAAS to all of this!! I love every word!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. AMEN! I've been feeling incredibly gross no matter how many things i lift and how many miles i run -- my body isn't the same after three kids and it's bumming me out. but i loved what you wrote! <3

    ReplyDelete
  17. I need those leggings in my life! Also, I feel like I've been trying to bounce back for 5+ years. It's so hard AND discouraging :(

    ReplyDelete
  18. You are seriously Freakin amazing! Everything I read what you post is like talking directly at me. I have struggled for so long about my body and your right who cares? We just birthed a baby!! Heck my son is almost 2 and I STILL struggle. Thank you so much for all of your enlightening words!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great perspective! Loved reading it!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is such an important message!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  21. All very true. Love it. Also, those watermelon pants are ADORABLE!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh my gosh I needed to read this so badly! I'm finally going to attempt to take control of my body again (you know, a year and a half after Gabby was born... how's that for procrastination?), and I've seriously been so stressed about it! Thanks for this :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. I couldn't agree more! We need to throw out the idea of getting a pre-baby body back. Even if you don't look like you were ever preggo after giving birth your body has changed and it will never be the same. You're a mother now!

    ReplyDelete
  24. You're absolutely right. So many people are worried about getting their body back. It's important to tell women that your body will not be the same after having a baby, even if you lose the weight and get in shape, and that it's OK! So many women are scared of their body changing but what's the point of having a great body if you can't use it to live the life you want.

    ReplyDelete
  25. OK first of all those watermelon leggings!??! So cute! And I'm not sure whether its better or worse for friends to be honest or fake truthfully both are equally offensive in their own way - But really I think really its best for no one to comment at all, whatsoever, on a woman's body during or after pregnancy, because the only opinion that matters is her own! :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Genuine online spell cater on urgent love spell to get your ex back, fix your broken marriage and stop divorce happylovespell2@gmail.com is the best dr to help you and restored back your happiness
    I just found out about my husband cheating on me with a co-worker! We’ve been married going on two years. 2kids. lots of amazing momments together. i want to leave, but i love him so much. all i can think about is how nothing stopped him. how he has to see her everyday because they work together. we are both still young and very attractive. but i want my husband, my friend, and the father of my beautiful children. how do i get past the thought of another woman having my husband? Not my fiancĂ©, not my boyfriend, but my husband! i still love him even though he thinks i want to leave i really want him to do better and stop me before i walk out! my husband told me that he doesn’t feel loved anymore, just because of this co-worker he has be cheating on with me that he wants a divorce, i was devastated, heart broken i begged him to listen to me that we can work it out like we always do, but he didn’t listen, he told me that he met someone that loves and understands him, i begged him to consider our kids but he’s did listen. he left and i was frustrated, i began searching for help and answers, then i heard about a man that can Cast a spell to remind him of all the things we have been through together, at first I was scared then i decided to give it a try, and like magic my husband came back, apology and begging for forgiveness, thanks to this man, I’m posting this to help people with
    similar issues. You can contact him for help too. happylovespell2@gmail.com or call and add him of on whatsapp number: +2348133873774

    ReplyDelete
  27. I am one of those people who said, “I’ll never call a psychic or a magician or whatever” to help me with my problems – least of all my love problems, but I reached the point where I knew I needed some guidance, and I’m so glad I found this man called dr.ajeghe. When I nearly lost David in one of our stupid,fights (he broke up with me), I thought I had lost everything.i cry all day and think that he will never come back to me again.i read so many testimony about Dr. ajeghe love spell,how he help to bring back ex lover back.I quickly email him.and also get back my husband with his love spell. And when I was at my most desperate,he didn’t take advantage of me. You performed a very good service for a person in true need. I don’t know how you did it, or how this magic works, but all I know is, IT WORKS!! David my husband and I are happily back together, and I’ll always be grateful to dr.ajeghe email him for any kinds of help is very capable and reliable for help ajeghespelltemple@gmail.com or WhatsApp him +2349069171173

    ReplyDelete
  28. My ex-husband and I had always managed to stay friendly after our divorce in February 2017. But I always wanted to get back together with him, All it took was a visit to this spell casters website last December, because my dream was to start a new year with my husband, and live happily with him.. This spell caster requested a specific love spell for me and my husband, and I accepted it. And this powerful spell caster began to work his magic. And 48 hours after this spell caster worked for me, my husband called me back for us to be together again, and he was remorseful for all his wrong deeds. My spell is working because guess what: My “husband” is back and we are making preparations on how to go to court and withdraw our divorce papers ASAP. This is nothing short of a miracle. Thank you Dr Emu for your powerful spells. Words are not enough. here is his Email: emutemple@gmail.com or call/text him on his WhatsApp +2347012841542

    He is also able to cast spell like 1: Lottery 2: Conceive 3: Breakup 4: Divorce 5: Cure for all kinds of diseases and viruses.

    ReplyDelete